SUTA Toronto Chapter in collaboration with IAUT organizes:
Camping and Water Rafting
Friday to Sunday
August 2-4, 2013
IAUT and SUTA are proud to announce that they have organized a 2-day 3-night Camping and Water Rafting trip on Ottawa River.
We will drive to the resort Friday afternoon/evening, will camp for the night, will raft on Saturday and camp for another night. It is also possible to camp with the group without taking the rafting trip (with or without meals). There is also an optional side tour to a cave near the resort (http://www.bonnecherecaves.com/) Saturday afternoon. Interested people can also join us to drive to Ottawa on Sunday for an optional city visit with a tour inside the parliament building. We also will have our lunch in Ottawa on Sunday and may visit a museum there if we get enough time before heading back to Toronto.
Time: 6pm Friday, August 2nd to 10pm Sunday, August 4th, 2013
Location: RiverRun rafting resort, Renfrew, Ontario
Carpooling: 6 pm at Villaways Park (East Don River park) parking lot at North-West corner of Leslie and Sheppard (across Leslie subway station). If you need a ride or want to give ride to people in your car please contact Morteza Tehrani, the event coordinator, at .
The package (Weekend - High Adventure) at RiverRun resort:
- Package includes a full river rafting trip in a 12-passenger raft on Saturday (August 3rd), 2 nights of camping, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and a resort day to enjoy as you please (beach volleyball, swimming, Canoeing, Kayaking, ...).
- Anyone rafting in a 12 passenger raft must be minimum 11 years of age and 90 lbs.
- It's possible to hang out with the group, but do not raft. You have to buy the non-participant package.
- We will provide a disposable waterproof camera for each 12-passenger raft. We will provide all the digital pictures and the Video of the trip for every person in the package.
- You can bring along your camping gear with you, however tents are available for rent at the resort (if available and booked ahead of time) at $25-$30 a night for 2-people tent (it will be cheaper to buy a tent rather than renting though). We can try to find you space in our tents as well.
Everybody has to pay for the package ahead of time by cash or cheque or through e-mail. No seat is booked before we receive the payment.
1- Resort Weekend – High Adventure Rafting: Discounted price is $210 per person. Package includes a full river high adventure rafting trip in a 12-passenger raft, 2 nights of camping, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and a resort day to enjoy as you please.
2- Non-participant package costs $119. for two nights of camping and 4 meals. $6 per night service charge plus 13% HST and will apply. Total price will be $148.03.
3- Camping only will cost you $25 per night and a $6 per night service charge plus 13% HST will apply. Total price will be $70.06.
4- Rafting Only: will cost you $135 and a $6 per day service charge plus 13% HST will apply. Total price will be $159.33 (we might get a discount on this one if we get 12 people for this option). Package includes a full river high adventure rafting trip in a 12-passenger raft, lunch, river gear (except wet-suits) use of all resort facilities and video review of your trip.
5- Carpooling: If you are not driving your own car, you have to pay $60 directly to the driver. It will be a 1,100 km long (return trip). We will organize for 4 or 5 passengers in a car depending how big the car is.
Note: Full Camping & Rafting package is discounted but the discount does not apply to the non participant or camping only package. Full Camping & Rafting package includes the extra benefits such as disposable waterproof cameras, film development, photo digitizing, DVD purchase, copying and packaging photos and videos, cost of organizing, communication, surcharges, …
Note: Carpooling cost is extra to the package cost and is paid directly to the drivers giving ride.
Please be advised that the spots fill very fast at the resort, so you have to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Usually they are fully booked a week before the rafting day, and sometime two week before.
We have booked a 12-passenger raft and are registering the first 12 people, and will book more spots as soon as we get enough people registered. We expect to close the registration by end of July or as soon as the resort runs out of spots.
To register, please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for the payment. You can mail a cheque, pay in person or pay through e-mail.
Due to the fact that we have to pay for the package 3 weeks before the event, the only way to cancel is to find a replacement for your seat. We will try to find someone for your seat but it's not guarantee. You can also find a replacement yourself.
What to bring along (recommended by the resort)
* Footwear that does not easily slip off, such as aqua shoes, strap-on sport sandals or running shoes, with rubber soles
* Swimwear or nylon shorts, something that dries quickly and does not hold water (cotton is not recommended)
* If you must wear eye or sun glasses use strap retainers (there is no guarantee your glasses will stay on)
* Wetsuits can be rented before safety briefing; $15 for two pieces, $10 for half suit
* Wetsuits are at no extra charge for children 6 - 15 (subject to availability) on the family trip
* Please note: No flip-flops or crocs will be allowed for rafting
* Young children get cold easily - Bring warm sweater or fleece (no cotton)
* Sunscreen, hat, insect repellent (especially in spring), flashlight
* Towel, personal items, change of clothing and footwear
* Cold weather: thermal socks, wind resistant jacket and pants, fleece wear or sweatshirts
* Accommodations: all accommodations have mattresses, however, some accommodations require guests to bring bedding and pillows, please ask for details at time of booking
* Accommodations are in addition to trip and package prices
* Camping: tent, ground sheet, sleeping bag, pillow, camping mattress
Things you need to know
* Washroom and shower facilities are located close to campgrounds
* Personal campfires are not permitted; guests may enjoy bonfire area in lower campground, or Pavilion
* Pets; must be on leash at all times, and guests with pets may reserve space in Pet Haven campground
* Resort Accommodations; Check-in 4:00 pm and check-out is10:00 am or before rafting
* LondonHouse Inn guests; Check-in 4:00 pm and check-out is11:00 am or before rafting
* LondonHouse Spa; we encourage our guests to book in advance
* Please note: There is a security deposit required by credit card upon registration for all accommodations
* Optional zip-lining and paintball games are available at extra cost.
Here is my short list of the things you might want to bring along:
1. Tent, sleeping bag, extra clothing
2. Water, soft drink, juice
3. Non-perishable food or meat for BBQ, munchies
4. Suntan lotion/sun screen, swimming suit, comfortable clothing, wet suit, wet-socks
5. Insect repellent and after bite
6. Personal items (tooth brush, tooth paste, floss, razor, shampoo, soap, …)
Directions from Toronto:
Approximate driving time: 4.5 hours...and worth every minute
- Travel Hwy 401 or Hwy 7 to Hwy 41
- Take Hwy 41 north to Eganville
- Continue through Eganville to the traffic lights
- Turn right at the lights (Hwy 60) which becomes County Rd 8. This will take you into Cobden
- In Cobden, turn right onto Hwy 17
- Make a left onto Foresters Falls Rd which is approximately 1 km away
- Continue through Foresters Falls
- Make a left at Grants Settlement Rd which is approximately 1 km outside of Foresters Falls
- Turn left at Grants Settlement Rd, and follow the RiverRun signs to our resort
Participation Agreement: I waive and release any and all claims for myself against the organizers of the event in conjunction with any injury, illness, or death, or loss or damage to property, which may directly or indirectly result from my participation in this event. I acknowledge that I will not receive any financial payment for any of the above and that my compensation is the opportunity to participate in the event and contribute to the activities organized. I warrant that I am fit to participate in this event and my attendance in the event means that I admit the Agreement. By participating in this event: I also grant permission to the organizers to distribute my photograph and the video of the event taken in the course of my participation in the event between other participants.